Belgian company STORMBEE combines its customizable drones with Faro laser scanners for land surveys (terrestrial scanning) and/or LIDAR (light detection and ranging) applications.
Stormbee engineers, designs and manufactures customised application solutions in-house.
3D Laserscanning is a proven industry solution which routinely provides accuracy levels down to 1mm.
This measurement method can be used to create highly accurate as built drawings, isometrics, P&ID, and analysis.
Stormbee’s compatibility with Faro 3D scanners is a unique concept that offers market value worldwide.
In combination with the proprietary software BeeFlex, STORMBEE has the potential to rapidly integrate UAV-based mobile LIDAR scan data into various software packages.
Two models: Stormbee S and Stormbee SV
Stormbee S Stormbee SV
- Dimensions: 210 cm x 120 cm x 55 cmSize for transport: 120 cm x 60 cm x 55 cm
- Weight: 12.2 kg (excluding scanner)
- Fully automatic takeoff, flight trajectory,and landing via iPad control station.
- Flight time: 15 minutes
- Flight Speed: 0 to 15 m/s
- Altitude: 10 to 100 m
- Wind resistance: 40km/hr
- Operating environment temperature: -10C / 40C
- Full carbon fiber frame with foldable motor arms
- Vertical field of view: 300°
- Absolute point cloud accuracy @ 30m:
- Horizontal: 5cm RMS
- Vertical: 5cm
- RMSPoint-to-point noise: <5mm RMS
- Export formats: LAS, E57
- Compatible with any Faro terrestrial laser scanner
- Measurement range dependent on Faro scanner option
- Built-in power supply for Faro scanner
- Included software: flight planning, GNSS post-processing and pointcloud reconstruction
- GNSS base station can be used optionally for best results at remote locations
Note: Accuracy can be improved up to a factor 3x by post-processing techniques.
- Stormbee’s proprietary Beeflex software allows the user to create cm-accurate pointclouds from the in-flight data. Industry-standard export formats LAS and E57 are compatible with most post-processing software for pointcloud optimization, analysis and feature extraction.
- The user can choose to export the entire project as a single file, or extract flexibly selected flight strips via an intuitive google-map based user interface. Beeflex is designed with user-friendliness in mind, allowing anyone to start using the software with less than 1 hour of training.
The Stormbee demo days will be held on October 26/27 in Genval, Belgium